Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dr. Update

I went to the dr. yesterday and things couldn't be better! Once again the girls are measuring the exact same size. Dr. Jacobs says that is so not normal, yet so incredibly great! Both girls are 10 oz. and 8 inches long! They are even bigger than my weekly update email through babycenter, which is just for one baby! I am 19 weeks and 3 days along and the girls are measuring that exact size! Now, although the girls are right on schedule, their mom is measuring 27 weeks!!!! YIKES Dr. Jacobs also says this is normal due to having twins! When I thought about each girl measuring 8 inches long, when you put that together, that is 16 inches long. Claire was 19.5 inches long when she was born! WOW! Another piece of good news is that I was supposed to start going in every 2 weeks after yesterday's visit. Dr. Jacobs said I was doing so well that she didn't want to see me again for 4 weeks! I am so thankful everything is going this well!

During the sonogram, Baby A kept kicking Baby B in head! It was sad, yet funny at the same time!!! I asked the dr. if that was ok and she said of course! That is just what happens when there are 2 babies in there!

We picked up the new dresser/changing table last night as well! It looks great in the new room. Now, I just need to start putting clothes, socks, sheets, towels, blankets, etc. in the drawers! I guess today will be a good day since we are starting to feel the effects form Hurricane Ike (nothing like Galveston and Houston, BTW keep my cousin Brian in your thoughts. He lives in Galveston, but is safe at his work in Houston). It is rainy and yucky outside! No fun for a Saturday!

Just FYI on the name situation: I have decided their names will be Brooke and Allison. Junior on the other hand is still up in the air. He is afraid he might find something he likes better! We'll see............Keep the suggestions coming!

Unitl next time............Be safe!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that the ABC's are doing well. And, you don't have to return to doc for 4 weeks - -WOW!! Are we still looking at January birth date? Again, love this blog. You continue to be in our prayers. Love, Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo glad to hear things are going well! You were meant to have little girls! Claire looks so big and ADORABLE! I also happen to be an encyclopedia of baby names! Let me know what letter you want them to start with! HAHA! Anyway, I miss you and hope to see you this weekend! I'll be on the square...ALL DAY LONG! Can't wait!
Love and miss you,
Camille

the jordan's said...

Thanks for the great update! LOVE the precious names!