Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sorry it's been so long, we've been a little BUSY....Announcing Allison Ann and Brooke Elizabeth!




I can't believe it has been a month since my last post, but our lives have been a bit nutty this past month. Our twin baby girls were born January 20, 2009! They are precious, healthy and the best babies on Earth!

Allison Ann was born at 8:03am. She weighed 6 lbs. 7 oz and was 19 inches long.

Brooke Elizabeth was born one minute later at 8:04 am. She weighed 5lbs. 11oz and was 18 3/4 inches long.

The delivery went very smoothly. There was about 15 people in the room. Each girl had 3 to 4 nurses attend to them right after they were born. I remember seeing them right when they were born, and then I was out! My dr. said, "Night, Night Jill,see you later."

After the girls were born, I got pretty sick. I had HELLP (hypertension, elevated liver, low plateletes) syndrome, which usually develops during pregnancy and the only cure is to deliver your baby. Well, I had already done that, so the cure for me was to have a blood platelet transfusion! It was kind of scary for a little bit, but I had pure faith in God and my doctor that I would be ok to take care of my precious family. Basically my BP went way up the night the girls were born (190/100). THe next morning they put me on magnesium to help with my bp and then they ran blood lab work. Your regular blood platelet count is supposed to be between 120 and 400. Mine was 18! My dr and the nurse first thought it was a mistake, so they ran it again and this time it was 16! Soooo, that is when they decided to give me the transfusion! We had to spend an extra day and half in the labor and delivery ward instead of going to the post pardum ward. Junior wasn't real happy about that b/c the bed in the LD room was horrible!!! Finally my liver levels came down and my platelets went up! I had soooo much blood drawn during those few days I am surprised I have any left! (for those of you who know me pretty well know that I don't do good with shots and blood, I am a passer outer!!)

All in all it was a great experience and our girls are here and HEALTHY! Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've missed this part of you!! I'm so glad that you are back.

Love, Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

Jill, that is crazy. The girls are beautiful. You and Junior are so blessed!

Courtney