Friday, February 20, 2009

One Month Old


I can't believe it, but the twins are now 1 month old!!! It has been a busy month, but such a fun one!

We had one of many firsts this week as well. Brooke and I spent Wed. night in the ER! I got really worried about her after she wouldn't wake up all day. I even gave her a bath to try and wake her up, no luck! So I finally called the peditrician and she receommended taking her to the ER just to be safe. Turns out she does have some sort of virus, but is doing much better! It was pretty scary at the time and of course Junior is out of town (bilingual convention in Austin). BIG thanks goes out to Mimi and Laura. Laura went with me and Brooke to the ER while Mimi stayed with Claire and Allison! It was weird only having one child in the car as I sped down the tollway!

One other cool thing the girls have started doing is snuggling up together at bed time. We were putting them in wedges to sleep, but they have figured out how to scoot down to the bottom of them so they can touch. I took the wedges out a few days ago so they could just be together, but I put them back in there last night due to Brooke's reflucts. They did no good, they were at the bottom of the bed again this morning all snuggled up! So cute!

We went to the ped. yesterday for out one month check up.
Allison weighed 8.2 and Brooke wieghed 7.10. They are both growing and thriving! Brooke has started taking Zantac for reflucts (we are used to this, Claire had the same thing). They are sleeping well and taking about 4 oz. of mommy milk at each feeding. I have started doing one formula bottle at night as well (to keep my sanity).

Happy one month birthday Allison and Brooke!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Oh my gosh, Jill, they are so adorable!! And I love that they snuggle together in bed, that is so sweet. I'm also glad that Brooke is okay, I can't imagine how scary that must have been.

You have the world's most beautiful daughters!! :)

Anonymous said...

They really are so adorable! And look at all that hair! I love stories and pics on the blog.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

The ABs are truly amazing little girls. It is going to be so much fun reading your blog as you tell us their story. Thanks so much for letting us have a peek inside the Gonzales home to watch the ABCs grow up. Three little girls - all in a row. Love you so much - - Aunt Sue

Laura said...

I can't get over how big they are! Or the fact that both Claire and Sam were bigger at birth! They're beautiful!